* For example, website, booking system, social media accounts and email.
What information do we collect and when is it deleted?
When you order and / or use any of our digital channels, we may, depending on the service you use, retain information about you such as name, address, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, identification information, information about your use of Mekka's services and for certain services also location information. If applicable, personal ID numbers and card details can also be processed.
Furthermore, Mekka may collect technical data about the devices you use to access Mekka's services, including IP address, unique device ID, type of browser and cookie information. The collection described here is done, for example, by entering your personal data in various forms on our website or its services, that you use to communicate with Mekka and others via Mekka's platforms in social media, submitting comments in our contact forms or by phone, or signing up for events as Mekka arranges.
When you book trips with us via telephone, our digital channels or via other contact methods, we save your relevant information needed to handle your booking, any communications and to also send newsletters with details of offers, current events and our future plans. You always have the opportunity to unsubscribe and opt out from our newsletter via a link in each related email communication.
If you participate in any of our competitions, marketing activities, contest entries the additional personal information you choose to submit to us may also be retained and processed.
When you contact us via customer service functions, through our digital channels, or via other contact methods, for example if you make a complaint, your contact information and case information will be maintained by us.
If you visit us or communicate with us via our social media accounts (i.e. third-party platforms such as Facebook and Twitter), Mekka may receive information about your profile and your interactions on the third-party platform from the platform supplier.
Find and remove cookies
All browsers work in different ways. To disable cookies, look for the help function in your browser, here you can get information on how to change the cookie settings. If you disable cookies, you may miss out on offers from Mekka. Read more about cookies here.
Your personal data will be processed by us only as long as it is needed to fulfill the purposes of the processing or to fulfill legal obligations.
What do we do with your information?
Your personal data is collected in connection with your use of the digital channels and its services. It will be processed by Mekka Traffic AB or companies in the Mekka Group, or their respective assistants, for the following purposes.
Purpose of the treatment…
- To confirm your identity and verify your person and contact information. Legal basis for processing: performance of service agreement.
- To facilitate the customer relationship, for example, to fulfill our obligations to you and to provide you with information, offers and services you request from us. Legal basis for processing: performance of service agreement.
- That we should be able to communicate with you when contacting our customer service, email forms and in our social media accounts. Legal basis for processing: performance of service agreement.
- To facilitate marketing activities. Legal basis for the treatment: balancing of interests.
- Marketing purposes, including for email marketing (which you can opt out via a link in each email communication). Legal basis for the treatment: consent.
- To analyse and group the visitors after selection, prioritisation and preferences, which means that so-called profiling takes place, in order to provide you relevant and customised information, recommendations, advertisements and offers. It is also possible that data originating from the use of various digital channels from Mekka and from its Group companies are interconnected for this purpose, as well as for the purpose of developing products and services. Legal basis for the treatment: consent.
- For internal troubleshooting, tests and statistical purposes. Legal basis for the treatment: balancing of interests.
- Maintaining, developing, testing and improving our digital channels and the technical platforms, they provide and general business development and exploring new business opportunities. Legal basis for the treatment: balancing of interests.
Who can we share your information with?
We take all reasonable, contractual, legal, technical and organisational measures to ensure that your information is processed safely and only with a compliant level of protection is it transferred to or shared with selected and vetted third parties as set out below.
Suppliers and subcontractors
Credit reporting agencies and similar suppliers
Your personal information may be shared with credit reporting agencies, providers of identification services.
Payment service provider
Mekka may share your information with selected payment service providers when a refund or payment is made by credit or debit card, or direct bank transfer.
Mekka Traffic Group
Your information may be shared with companies within the Mekka Traffic Group.
Mekka may disclose necessary information to third parties, such as the police, the Tax Agency or other authorities, if we are required by law or authority to disclose such information or if you have approved that we do so.
Supplier of IT services
Where do we store your personal information?
We always strive to process your data within the EU / EEA. However, in some situations, the data may be transferred to, and processed in, countries outside the EU / EEA by a company within the Mekka Traffic Group or by another supplier or subcontractor. Mekka will take all reasonable contractual, legal, technical and organisational measures to ensure that your data is managed safely and with an adequate level of protection comparable to and at the same level as the protection offered in the EU / EEA.
How long do we save your personal data?
We will save your information as long as it is necessary to carry out our contractual obligations to you and as long as required by statutory storage times or as required by other legitimate interests. When we save your information for purposes other than our contractual obligations, for example to fulfill the requirements of the Accounting Act, we only save the data as long as it is allowed to fulfill our legitimate interests and / or statutory requirements for each purpose.
Your right to access, rectification, deletion and complaint
- Right to access your data. You can request a copy of your information if you want to know what information we have about you. You request a register extract via a form that you fill in and send in to us by letter. You can find the form here. We will then send the register extract to your public address.
- Right to correction. You have the right to correct any incorrect or incomplete information about yourself.
- Right to be deleted. You have the right to request the deletion of your personal data when the data is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was collected.
- Right to file a complaint. You have the right to file a complaint with a supervisory authority. You have the option to opt out of certain specific features. We will always respect your choice.
Contact the person responsible for personal data
Mekka Traffic AB is registered with the Swedish Companies Registration Office with corporate registration number 556201-5262 with address Box 853, 391 28 Kalmar.
Mekka Traffic AB is the personal data controller for the processing of your personal data as described above. Mekka Traffic AB complies with Swedish data protection legislation.
Contact for questions about Mekka Traffic AB's data protection management can be found at email@example.com, and by telephone, +46 (0) 480-42 55 55.